One Year Later.....

>> Thursday, April 10, 2008


Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of Megan's passing away. I took off work early and went down to the cemetery and spent some time with her. I cant believe its been a year. I miss her so much! I get a strange feeling at the cemetery... I feel so close to her.. and so far away from her at the same time. Its weird. I hate death... I hate that I lost her. I hate that I lost my sister, my mom too. I suppose I am ultimately being selfish when I say that.. but sometimes I don't care. I want her back. I want them all back. I know things were hard sometimes... and maybe not the most convenient with oxygen tanks, feeding supplies, etc.. but that doesn't matter any more. I know she is happier now, and most importantly, not hurting. I know she can walk, talk, dance, and play like she always wanted to now. I imagine her sitting with my sister, mom, and grandma walking through some beautiful garden, maybe drinking lemonade or whatever.

I love you Megan. I miss you! Thank you for being my daughter. Thank you for helping me. It was an honor and a privlidge to be your dad! Please watch over us. We love you!











1 comments:

Unknown May 5, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

Appreciate reading your very personal letter about Megan, Mom and Val. I've been to Megans grave site several times and I go to Moms about once a week. I'm taking care of the little flower beds by Moms head stone. Last week Dianne and I plsnted Pansies there. The crocuses have come and gone but the dafodiles look really good right now. The other day I went with Julie and we took fresh flowers to all three.

Love Dad

About This Blog

Jeremy and Heidi Bates are the principle photographers for 2as1Photography. We love photography, and have a great time shooting. We hope you can see that in our shots. Big thanks to everyone we have photographed, as well as those who have provided advice, instruction, and encouragement - knowingly and unknowingly. We truly enjoy photography and look forward to further growth and artistry.

Become a follower...

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP